Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-3

Re: Roku TCL Tv won't connect with cable box BUT apps work fine

Jump to solution

Since gettining my new Roku tv for Christmas my son set it up and it worked perfectly.  Then the other night after working approximately a month and now no cable....  it just shows a line drawing of a cable box and then switches to a screen where it says HDMI in a box  What is it trying to tell me.  I cant do anything with my remote to try to get the cable back.

0 Kudos
R_Berry

Jump to solution

Your cable should appear as an app. Don't go to "cable box" it is only there as a label. Scroll down, find the app for your cable, and select. It will say something like connecting. To change channels, push the left arrow, and you can scroll through the channels.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@R_Berry wrote:

Your cable should appear as an app. Don't go to "cable box" it is only there as a label. Scroll down, find the app for your cable, and select. It will say something like connecting. To change channels, push the left arrow, and you can scroll through the channels.

If a cable box is connected to an HDMI input the cable box is not just a label but allows you to use a cable box connected to the TV.  I used to have this setup and have a friend that uses this everyday.  You can also have an app for some cable companies that allow you to watch channels without a box connected to the TV.  The poster previous to you clearly was using a cable box connected to the TV.

0 Kudos