Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dobhal23

Roku TCL Tv keeps restarting help please

Jump to solution

The Tv only powers on for maybe 30 seconds to 2 minutes at a time then restarts itself and just keeps restarting every few seconds. i factory reset it and it still reatarts by itself. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TCL Tv keeps restarting help please

Jump to solution

Hi @Laroner2,

Thanks for your quick response.

We understand your sentiments regarding this, and we would feel the same way. As you mentioned, you are having an issue with your Roku TV that keeps rebooting or resetting on its own no matter what you watch. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • Have you tried restarting your network?
  • When did this issue specifically occur?
  • What software version are you currently in? (This can be found under Settings > System > About.)
  • Have you tried contacting TCL customer support about this?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @dobhal23!

We appreciate you reaching out and raising your concern with us. We'd be glad to assist you with this.

May we first know when and where you purchased your TCL Roku TV? Also, is this the first time you are setting up your TV and this issue started happening? 

Mentioning you have initiated a factory reset and the issue still occurs, we highly recommend contacting the manufacturer themselves and letting them know about your concern. 

Keep us posted on how it goes! We'll be anticipating your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My TV does the same thing have you found a fix for this ?? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bigjeffyc105,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We will be better equipped to provide further assistance by providing additional details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laroner2

Jump to solution

My TV does the same thing it is a super common issue amongst TCL Roku TV users..... Any fix for this yet or TV replacements?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Laroner2,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Could you tell us for how long and when you started seeing this issue occur? Does the reboot behavior happen every time, and does this affect when you access all the streaming channels? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laroner2

Jump to solution

It resets while watching no matter what I'm watching it also reboots on it's own while the TV is off too I'll wake up in the morning and it'll be on the menu like I factory reset the TV is super annoying I can't count how many times I've had to reconnect my TV it's been over a year if this 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Laroner2,

Thanks for your quick response.

We understand your sentiments regarding this, and we would feel the same way. As you mentioned, you are having an issue with your Roku TV that keeps rebooting or resetting on its own no matter what you watch. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • Have you tried restarting your network?
  • When did this issue specifically occur?
  • What software version are you currently in? (This can be found under Settings > System > About.)
  • Have you tried contacting TCL customer support about this?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osweetlilredhea
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All the moderator responses are PATHETIC!!! Stop telling people it is the manufacturer. This is a ROKU TV problem. It's happened to every ROKU I've ever owned. Stop giving bottled answers and help people the PROPER way!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.