Vaio165
Binge Watcher

Roku Streambar wont turn off

Jump to solution

My Streambar and TV dose not turn off from the Roku remote. My TV does not support that I don't know why just doesn't. I turn off my TV using another remote this is when I am watching Cable. My question is if the Streambar dose not turn off is it bad if it's on all the time? Will it hurt the life of the Streambar if it's on all the time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streambar wont turn off

Jump to solution

@Vaio165 

Roku devices don't turn off. The Off button on the remote is only for the TV. If your TV isn't supported (most are) then the Off button has no functionality.

Have you tried using: Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device ?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Vaio165 

Roku devices don't turn off. The Off button on the remote is only for the TV. If your TV isn't supported (most are) then the Off button has no functionality.

Have you tried using: Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device ?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Vaio165
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had the same issue / question / thank you for the answer

0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't understand what new device I would be setting up using this method. Is the streamer considered to be a device?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@utlinfielder

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJA123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue but only randomly. When my TV is off, the Streambar will alternately show a solid led, a pulsing led, or no led. The manual does not specify which is the normal state when the TV is off. What led indicator do others see when their TV is off? 

(it does not matter which remote I use to turn off TV) 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DJA123,

Saw your post!

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding How to turn off the standby LED on your Roku device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DJA123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you, but this is not the issue. The question is why am I seeing different status indicators when the TV is off? Sometimes I see a solid white led; sometimes it's a pulsing white led, and sometimes the led is off? I'm asking which is normal and if this unit is defective for showing random indicators. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I accidentally discovered that on the Roku homepage there’s a way to turn off your TV. Use the up/down arrows on your Roku remote. Go to the first “tile” listed on your homepage. Mine is Netflix. Use your remote to punch up above the listings. You should find “turn off TV” (along with “add a channel”) there. Tap the OK button on your remote (the raised spot at the center of the up/down button) to turn your TV off. 
I just got lucky when I stumbled across this solution. It was driving me nuts that I couldn’t turn the TV off. I couldn’t find any way to do it until I happened to find that method. Good luck!