Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streambar SE "Video Playback Error (-5) unsupported audio format" Retry/Cancel"

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue! 

Trying to use a Streambar SE on both an Emerson and Vizio TV.  They are connected by HDMI cable only (not the optical cable because neither tv have this port).  The error ["Video Playback Error (-5) unsupported audio format" Retry/Cancel] occurs only when I am using the app REAL CHOICE TV, and when I try to access a channel anything other than local channels.   

The fix I was offered by my ISP was to change the Audio setting to STEREO, but there is no such setting on the Streambar SE.

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and the fix DID work on this device on an identical Emerson TV.

As a presumably more advanced piece of tech than the Stick+, how do I get the fix to apply to the Streambar SE?  I've invested $200 in these devices and would love to be able to fully use them.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar SE "Video Playback Error (-5) unsupported audio format" Retry/Cancel&qu

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @OcklawahaCarrie!

We understand you're experiencing playback issues with your Roku Streambar SE. We're happy to provide you with the information you need.

As checked, this issue is only isolated to the Real Choice TV channel. We highly suggest contacting the channel provider, which in this case is Real Choice TV support,  directly for further assistance. Most of the channels on the Roku platform are maintained, regulated, and managed by the provider itself. 

We hope everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar SE "Video Playback Error (-5) unsupported audio format" Retry/Cancel&qu

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @OcklawahaCarrie!

We understand you're experiencing playback issues with your Roku Streambar SE. We're happy to provide you with the information you need.

As checked, this issue is only isolated to the Real Choice TV channel. We highly suggest contacting the channel provider, which in this case is Real Choice TV support,  directly for further assistance. Most of the channels on the Roku platform are maintained, regulated, and managed by the provider itself. 

We hope everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.