SobeHall
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Connectivity

From what I've seen the answer will always be reset roku, reset router, connect to different wifi etc ... here's the deal, I bought a Roku Streambar, it took me 3 days to set it up, it absolutely would not load anything on the screen, so I just had to let it sit forever, it failed to update 5 times, and once it came up with the main screen, the channel choices were all spinning circles that would ultimately just kick me back to the main screen.  The network connection is EXCELLENT, the speed is 45Mbps which is GREAT and more than the needed speed to work.  I've done everything I've read on these forums a hundred times, and now, I'm extremely close to throwing it in the trash, it's a paperweight for the most part.  I had it working for a while, but it constantly would work for one app, fail on another, fail to update, disconnect randomly etc etc etc.  I have Xbox's, Smart TVs, Laptops, Tablets, Phones etc connected to my internet with ZERO issues streaming anything.  So, Roku needs to fix it, are call it quits, the results are in the pudding, and you guys keep giving the same boring lame excuse of reset, unplug, try something different ... well here it is ... my first time on my account and I have to say this is the worst streaming product purchase of my life.

As a note I've had this Roku Streambar since December 2020 and it's streamed something a total of 3 times in that time span, it's useless and resetting it to go through the painful 2-3day process of setting it back up is not an option.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Connectivity

@SobeHall

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What kind of wireless network are you using? What frequency is your network set you? Have you tried changing the channel on your wireless network?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Streambar to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kayre001

Re: Roku Streambar Connectivity

I have had about 9 Roku‘s. Every time I visit anyone I usually give a Roku as a thank you. Never had any issues with any of my other brokers. From the smallest one to the most expensive one… It’s all gone well. I was really excited about the stream bar because I like the concept. However, I have returned one and I’m getting ready to return the other one that was the replacement because it’s constantly messing up. It’s constantly changing my channels and the sound differs all the time. Plus if I want to use another device I have to totally disconnected because it takes over all the sound or doesn’t allow sound on another device.

0 Kudos