Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrhe
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Streambar crashes after initial launch of app

97% of the time after turning on the TV and launching an app, after about 30 seconds the app just quits and goes back to the home screen. After launching the same app the second time it will stay running. It doesn't matter which app I launch, it stops after about 30 seconds. I've restarted the Roku device multiple times but that hasn't helped. Has anyone come across this or have any ideas on how to fix?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Soundbar crashes after initial launch of app

@nrhe

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nrhe
Reel Rookie

20221119_115528.jpg

0 Kudos
Russj
Reel Rookie

I’m having this same issue. I got a new streambar, it worked for a bit the first time, now whenever I launch anything it drops me back to the Home Screen about 5-15 seconds after it stops playing. The weird thing is if I keep hitting the buttons on the remote (up and down or whatever) it keeps working. But if I let it play it fails. I just had Amazon ship me a brand new one, and guess what?  It’s doing the exact same thing!

0 Kudos
Russj
Reel Rookie

D7EA6FD6-5B5F-44E8-AABD-A2E76E25CE6C.jpeg

This happens literally with any channel, including this screen. If I just don’t touch any buttons on the remote it will disappear back to the Home Screen in about 10 seconds or so. To try I was just playing the Roku getting started video. Did bad software just go out?  Or did I just get two bad units in a row??

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@nrhe @Russj

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Russj
Reel Rookie

Thanks!  I found that things work perfectly on a different tv. But since I don’t want to replace this tv right now, I’ll keep my Roku stick and look for a different sound bar. 

0 Kudos
ThatsaDingo
Reel Rookie

Has there been any update on resolving this issue? I have the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ThatsaDingo

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jBlow

Still working on this? It has been over a year. Still happening with current version of firmware for the streambar

0 Kudos