Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kritiment

Roku OS Audio Issues. (HELP)

Need some help with an issue I have spent all day trying to figure out. Losing my mind.

I just bought a Vizio 2.1 Channel M series Soundbar. Have a Hisesne R6 series 4k TV with a Roku OS, With a 4k Apple TV used for streaming. When I set up the soundbar, everything worked fine at first. But then a couple of hours ago I noticed the remote has significant input lag. Same with the Apple TV iPhone remote app.

I spent 2 hours trying to even figure out how to stop it. And found that in the Roku OS there is an Audio setting called “Digital Output Format” that has several options for the audio. It was set to “Auto”, and that seems to be what is causing the significant input lag on Apple TV, and when I set it too “Passthrough" It worked perfectly again with the lag, The only issue is that Passthrough option does not sound very good, and the Auto setting sounds significantly better.

I got sent in a full circle with Technical support. Vizio sent me to Apple, Apple said to call Hisesne, and Hisesne said to call Vizio.

How do I fix this? I am losing my mind over this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku OS Audio Issues. (HELP)

Greetings @kritiment 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for post regarding your audio issue on the Roku TV.

In order for us to better understand the issue it's important that we rule out variables see what is the root cause.

If you disconnect the Vizio soundbar, do you experience the same issue occur with both Auto and Passthrough? Likewise if you disconnect the Apple TV but connect the Vizio soundbar?

Please keep us posted what you find out with trying these steps so we can better understand what you are experiencing. We look forward to hearing back with your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos