Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashubhaj

Roku TV sound question ( roku )

Hey guys, I just connected my new LG sound-bar surround system to my TCL Roku TV. When I hit volume up on my LG sound-bar remote, it shows the volume go up on the tv. The volume on the tv and sound-bar are the same. It is hard for me to tell if there is sound coming out of the tv or just the sound-bar. I do not want sound from the tv as it would distort my Dolby Atmos surround experience. Does anyone know if by default, Roku TV’s sound is controlled automatically through the e-Arc HDMI connection with the sound bar remote? If so, how do I disable tv sound? Also, how do I stop the tv from displaying the volume up or down numbers at the top right? My audio settings on the Roku tv are: Audio Output - eArc LG sound bar System audio control - off Digital output format - Auto System: CEC - 1 touch play on, system standby on Tv input: LG sound bar - HDMI mode - auto recommended.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV sound question ( roku )

I see the same thing with a Streambar connected to my Roku TV.  I assume it's some kind of CEC magic.  If you unplug the HDMI cable from your soundbar you should see the TV's volume display and it most likely won't match what it used to show with the soundbar connected.  My TCL TV has a setting to disable the speakers, but it states something like, "The speakers are enabled unless a CEC audio device is detected".  I think you can be pretty sure that the speakers are disabled.

I don't believe there's a way to disable that volume display.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos