Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyBGood
Reel Rookie

Roku Model Number on Sharp TV

I have a looping issue with my Sharp Roku TV and I want to perform a manual firmware update. I can't find the Roku Model Number on Sharp TV.

Serial number: 65G182881H00366

Model number: LC-65LBU591C Rev.C

I tried everything suggested on blogs. Factory reset doesn't work, unplugging the power doesn't work

Please help.

Marty

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Roku Model Number on Sharp TV

Hi Marty

Did you manage to solve the problem you had, I have a similar challenge. My Sharp Roku TV won't boot.

Model # LC-65LBU591U

Serial # 65G173569H01431

Regards

Charles

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mpetercharles

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you futher.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MartyBGood
Reel Rookie

Hi there,

The TV seems to be stuck in a firmware update loop. It get stuck before lunching any options menu.

Basically I tried the following: I tried simple shut down (from hours to days) and restart. I tried unplugging (for hours to days) and plugging it back. I tried the reset (factory) button from a few second to minutes.   

I read that this might have to do with a firmware update issue and that there's a way (USB key) to manually update the firmware. Could that help?

Martin

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MartyBGood, how far does it get?  You plug it in and turn it on then what happens?  What's the end result displayed on the screen and everything that happens before that?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos