Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shirlene
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Freezing up on commercials.

I'm having problems with my Roku Express 4k+ freezing up on commercials. The audio still plays but screen is frozen. I have to change the channel and then go back to the channel that was frozen and then it's fixed until next commercial. I have reset and its good to go for a while but still is happen time and time again and again. Im so disappointed. It did not do this when I first got it. I've had this for about 3 months. It started a couple months ago.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Freezing up on commercials.

Hi @Shirlene,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shirlene
Reel Rookie

Model: 3941 Roku Express 4K+, SERAL #X01600ARKD67, SOFTWARE VERSION  11.5.0 BUILD 4235-CR. NO SPECIFIC CHANNEL. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shirlene,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the information needed.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fmattice4

My roku is doing the exact thing after 3 months. Has there been a resolution?

Fran

0 Kudos