Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satyaprasad
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel titles and streaming TV doesn't work in App and in TCL Roku TV for the last 2 weeks.

Jump to solution

Roku Channel titles and streaming TV doesn't work both in App and in TCL TV for the last 2 weeks. 

This is a new TV, I tried factory reset 3 times, rebooted my router, connected to a different network and tried to remove and add the channel back, disabled data saver in networking but nothing works.

The live TV doesn't work in app as well, it says something went wrong please try again later.

The account and TV are set up for Canadian region.

When clicking on titles they just redirect me back to the same place and for live TV I will shown a black screen some times with a loading bar.

For a new user setting up a device the experience is horrible

Other streaming apps like YouTube, Prime works with out any issue

issue id - FC-285-014

software version 12.0.0
build 4182-DD
update last checked 7/17/23 6:16 pm
last updated 7/17/23 5:04 pm
time zone is EST(CANADA)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel titles and streaming TV doesn't work both in App and in TCL TV for the last 2 we...

Jump to solution

Hi @satyaprasad,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

The Accounts and Billing team can address your inquiry and change your region. Kindly refer to this link to contact them: Roku Support. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be redirected to the contact information.

Please provide us with updates on how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Down8
Channel Surfer

Disable Live TV auto scanning?

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Roku never remembers OTA channels, so I have to rescan all the time. Very frustrating, making the antenna I bought all but useless.

Any help on this one, folks?

-bZj

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel titles and streaming TV doesn't work both in App and in TCL TV for the last 2 we...

Jump to solution

Hi @satyaprasad,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing the information. Please be informed that when you create your Roku account associated with your email address, the device must be activated at the same location you're currently in. You seem to have created your Roku account in the US channel store. May we ask if you have created your Roku account outside Canada? Also, did you use VPN during the creation of your Roku account?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
satyaprasad
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn't use any VPN while creating the account, i clearly remember selecting the region as canada and I was in canada when creating the account when creating the account and followed the steps on screen.

I check in whatmyip as well, the region for my isp is showing as canada(Toronto)

Any other way i can change the region?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @satyaprasad,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

The Accounts and Billing team can address your inquiry and change your region. Kindly refer to this link to contact them: Roku Support. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be redirected to the contact information.

Please provide us with updates on how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
satyaprasad
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I deactivated my account and recreated it again, then factory reset the tv and that solved the issue

0 Kudos