Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Roku Channel Issues with Movies...

Hi, there's a few things that have become frustrating in watching movies, & even previews, on the Roku Channel, and also on Netflix.

1. I'll be looking through various movies offered on the Roku Channel, and when I find something interesting, and click to watch the trailer, there'll be the spinning arrow, and it will usually show "99%", and just keeps on spinning! Or I'll try to play the movie, and the same thing happens. Even if I open Netflix, and try to play a trailer or the actual movie, the same thing will happen. My diagnosis is that it means either too low or unstable a WiFi connection, or the Cache needs clearing (which I've yet to find out how to do). I check my WiFi speed, using my laptop or phone, in the same room, & even do a Connection Check in the Roku Settings. If they all show adequate speed, I then do a System Reset, which turns off and then on, my TV.  That will usually clear up the issue, until the next time it happens.

I shouldn't have to do the reset so often, and it would be quite helpful to know how to clear the cache, as I realize, after a certain number of hours & days, it will build-up and slow everything down. So, does anyone know how to do this?

2. Another movie-related issue that is really frustrating, as it also affects navigating the Channel Guide, is this:  Why searching channels, to see what's on, I'll click on a channel, offering a movie, only to have it open at its starting place, and not where in the time it should be! This means having to fast-forward through the intro, to see what the movie is like, and it also cancels the ability to click back to the channel I was just on (as I sometimes do this during commercials), as the only way out of the movie, is to manually go the next channel, either up or down. It's often a surprise, as the Guide didn't mention even the option to watch it from the beginning.

But then, even those channels where it does say: "Press * to start from beginning", often don't work correctly, as I'll go to the channel, (not clicking the *), and it will still start from the beginning! Why doesn't this feature work properly? If I click on a movie halfway through it, I don't want it to start from the beginning, or I would click the *....

3. Finally, the other night I clicked on a movie I'd like to see, on a regular movie channel (Roku, not a premium one), only to find out it was in Spanish. Well, that's fine, so I went to select captioning, only to find out there was no English captioning, nor audio! Huh? Why would a channel in America not have any option for English-speaking users to watch a movie? I can understand when a Korean channel may have a show or movie, that doesn't have English sub-titles, although I'm not happy about it, but it is a foreign channel, but why would one of the usual Roku channels do this? And why if it is in a foreign language, is there no mention of it, in the Channel Guide description? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.