Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dacflyer

Roku Blasting audio During commercial breaks ( Home Shopping Network )

When watching Roku tv, Watching ( 2 Broke Girls ) when it goes to a commercial break, the volume is normal until there's a HSN commercial, then the volume is blasting my speakers out of the tv.

This has happened several times.

Is there a way to report this, so it can be fixed ?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Whitneyville
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Blasting audio During commercial breaks ( Home Shopping Network )

I sent them a calibrated mini-DV tape (I still use to make RV dealer commercials with) showing the female "voice-over" for Discover Card and Jamison's Booze is EIGHT times LOUDER than NYPD Blue programming on HULU. That's been more than a month ago, they SWORE "someone will be in contact with you with-in 48 hours", and I haven't got an e-mail, phone call or ANY response and didn't REALLY expect one. I've worked in broadcast, corporate and cable TV, and at 70, I STILL make a few commercials for local businesses. "Annoying" commercials are THOUGHT (by marketing) to "be the most effective". When I PROVED by ratings that was false to the TV station I was working for, the salesmen screamed like little girls! "We've been doing it like this for 60 years and WE KNOW!" I'm MORE upset by the "WOKE" Queer commercials they show-most you CAN'T MUTE or switch-off on the Roku "Ultra" remote (one generation before the worthless "voice controlled" remote). HULU doesn't REALLY exist. It's a Dutch corporation that exists only on paper like MOST streaming services. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.