Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jemcgee365
Reel Rookie

Remote selecting same input every time

I have a sharp Roku TV with Roku remote. I also have an antenna plugged in to catch regular tv like football games. When I turn it on I can see the options to select antenna however no matter what I press it automatically selects my Roku player. I tried unselecting “one press play” based on other discussions but then the remote didn’t work at all! Other suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote selecting same input every time

It's not clear.  Do you have a Roku player connected to a Roku TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jemcgee365
Reel Rookie

Yes. It’s a sharp Roku tv with a Roku unit plugged in via usb. 

grateful for any advice to try! 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I assume you mean the Roku unit is connected via HDMI (and maybe USB for power).  You basically need to use two remotes.  If you're using the remote for the Roku player connected to the TV, it can't control any of the TV functions.  If you have "1-touch play" enabled on the Roku player then you can press a button on the Roku player's remote to get the TV to switch to the Roku player's input, but there's no way to get the TV to switch back to the antenna.  Once you're watching antenna channels, you have to use the TV's remote to change channels.  If you press a button on the player's remote the TV will switch back to the player.

You can have the TV always power on to "Live TV" and that should get it to power on to the last antenna channel watched, but the way Roku keeps blurring what "Live TV" means I can't be sure of that.  Note that you'd have to use the TV's remote to turn on the TV.  If you're pressing a button on the Roku player's remote to get the TV to turn on then the TV will switch to the player's input.  Once the TV is on the player's input turning the TV off and on using the TV's remote will get it back to the antenna input.

The bottom line is that there's really no way to get around using two remotes.  You can't change antenna channels on the TV using the player's remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.