Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex123456
Reel Rookie

Remote doesn’t open TV when it’s turned off

I got a tv Onn. with RokuTV. First time, i can open the tv with the remote, change channels and navigate in apps. I turn it off and then i can’t open the tv again with the remote. I have to unplug the tv to use my remote again. What’s happening?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote doesn’t open TV when it’s turned off

@Alex123456

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried changing the batteries in your remote? In addition, are you making sure to point the remote to the IR sensor on the TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alex123456
Reel Rookie

Yes, i’ve changed the batteries. The sensor is clear of any objects, remote works well except to open the tv the second time 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alex123456

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV on our Products page

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos