Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaska

ROKU wireless speaker 4.1 system reliable? does is often disconnect?

Jump to solution

i currently have a TCL roku tv and a standard bose soundbar with its own wireless subwolfer and two wired speakers connected to it. the quality is fine but i dont like having a second critical remote that constantly gets lost.

im about to move and upgrade my TV system. i want to do the new Roku plus or pro TV, and i would like to do the roku 4.1 wireless speaker system, since it seems like it will integrate directly to the roku TV software and i'll only need one remote.

my fear is that since this system is entirely wireless, that this is a recipe for constant crashing, lagging, and rage. since there are no wires to link the TV ot the soundbar, or the side speakers to the subwolfer, it seems inevitable that some or all of these units will occasionally disconnect from the tv or eachother, and need constant factory resets and hours of my life spent reconnecting and reconecting the speakers.

does anyone currently have this setup that can attest to its fundamental reliability?

how often does the wireless soundbar disconnect from the roku tv?

how often do the sub and speakers disconnect from the soundbar?

how often do they simply lag or degrade the sound due to poor signal?

do they fail when the wifi router is out?

do they fail when there are many other bluetooth devices in the vicinity? or other roku tvs in the vicinity?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU wireless speaker 4.1 system reliable? does is often disconnect?

Jump to solution

Hello! @samuel898@kaska ,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about the reliable Roku wireless speaker 4.1. We are happy to help.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily enhance your TV with stereo or surround sound, without dealing with wires and the complex setup of traditional surround sound systems.

Roku sound system with any TV

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro in one of the configurations below.

Using a Streambar or Streambar Pro, you can unlock more surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound.

Refer to the following articles for instructions on how to set up your Roku sound system.

If you are using a Roku Streambar SE, Roku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you must set it up first before adding other audio devices.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
samuel898
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@kaska wrote:

i currently have a TCL roku tv and a standard bose soundbar with its own wireless subwolfer and two wired speakers connected to it. the quality is fine but i dont like having a second critical remote that constantly gets lost.

im about to move and upgrade my TV system. i want to do the new Roku plus or pro TV, and i would like to do the roku 4.1 wireless speaker system, since it seems like it will integrate directly to the roku TV software and i'll only need one remote. healthinsurancemarket

my fear is that since this system is entirely wireless, that this is a recipe for constant crashing, lagging, and rage. since there are no wires to link the TV ot the soundbar, or the side speakers to the subwolfer, it seems inevitable that some or all of these units will occasionally disconnect from the tv or eachother, and need constant factory resets and hours of my life spent reconnecting and reconecting the speakers.

does anyone currently have this setup that can attest to its fundamental reliability?

how often does the wireless soundbar disconnect from the roku tv?

how often do the sub and speakers disconnect from the soundbar?

how often do they simply lag or degrade the sound due to poor signal?

do they fail when the wifi router is out?

do they fail when there are many other bluetooth devices in the vicinity? or other roku tvs in the vicinity?

thanks

Hello,

I also have concerns about the reliability of the Roku 4.1 wireless speaker system. Does anyone have experience with frequent disconnections, lag, or issues when the Wi-Fi is out or with multiple Bluetooth devices nearby? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
samuel898

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @samuel898@kaska ,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about the reliable Roku wireless speaker 4.1. We are happy to help.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily enhance your TV with stereo or surround sound, without dealing with wires and the complex setup of traditional surround sound systems.

Roku sound system with any TV

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro in one of the configurations below.

Using a Streambar or Streambar Pro, you can unlock more surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound.

Refer to the following articles for instructions on how to set up your Roku sound system.

If you are using a Roku Streambar SE, Roku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you must set it up first before adding other audio devices.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.