Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nivaar

RCA tv has no sound with Roku on, how to connect it to soundbar?

I just bought a Roku for the living room cause we canceled direct tv However we used a sound bar that hooked up via optical cable from the soundbar to direct tv box for sound since I believe the tvs speakers are blown out. Now that there’s no direct tv receiver how can I hook up the sound bar with the Roku? My rca tv doesn’t have an optical cable or hdmi arc but it Does have the red/white rca cables as well as the sound bar..if I connect them to each other will the tv have sound with the Roku on? Roku - hdmi - tv Soundbar - rca - tv

Will I get audio out of soundbar when Roku is on ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RCA tv has no sound with Roku on, how to connect it to soundbar?

Greetings from the Roku Community, @nivaar!

We understand you wanted to connect the Soundbar with your RCA Roku TV. We'd like to assist you and provide all the help you need. 

Could you please let us know what model of Soundbar you're trying to connect to your TV? Knowing what type of Soundbar you have will help us determine what workaround to use to resolve the issue. 

In the meantime, you can visit this support article: How to set up your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

We are eagerly awaiting your response.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.