Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meganm3
Reel Rookie

RCA Roku TV has black box covering screen but not entirely

So I have bit of a weird issue, my RCA ROKU tv was fine until about two days ago I was switching from Xbox, to the Roku home menu simply just by pressing the home button on my Roku remote, as I always do. As it was switching over in that split second, a black box appeared covering most of the screen but not the top or bottom. I can still move around my menu and select and hear things, but the black box stayed. I unplugged my Xbox from the HDMI and the wall, unplugged the tv, and then waited a little, and plugged just the tv in and it seemed to work for the next two days. Now I come home from work today, two days later, turn on the tv for the first time today and the black screen in back and I can’t get it away. I have the Xbox unplugged, nothing in the HDMI, and it does the same thing. I can see the menu behind this black box. I just got this tv for Black Friday last year so it’s not old.. any suggestions??

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Meganm3
Reel Rookie

Re: RCA Roku TV has black box covering screen but not entirely

I just pressed the reset button for 30 seconds and it did not work. Now I can see the language selection, but the black box is still covering the screen. I unplugged it for 30 minutes and plugged it back in and that did nothing. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Meganm3

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Meganm3
Reel Rookie

that link doesn't work 😞 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Meganm3, how about this one:  https://support.roku.com/article/115006475047

or, for RCA support:  http://www.rca.com/support-products#television-support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos