Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R635 Tcl Auto Output No Sound

So i just got the update to my SB36312-G6 vizio soundbar and I’m still having “Connectivity Issues” with my tcl r635… When I select pass through on the tcl i hear sound but when I select any DOLBY ATMOS content it’s silent still… The hdmi in port on my soundbar still delivers everything perfect. I have my Xbox x series connected and i get dolby atoms sound. It’s just the HANDSHAKE between the two devices that is still having the issue. Not to sure what’s the deal
The tcl r635 has E-ARC which shouldn’t be the problem because it’s backwards compatible. I’m also using a zeskit ultra high speed hdmi cable.
One more thing to add, i had no problems when this Soundbar was connected to my vizio tv e70-f3. Maybe tcl r635 to a vizio Soundbar is the problem?? It’s definitely a handshake problem. Is it possible that I can use HDMI switcher please anybody with some knowledge leave me some feedback under this comment please thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CoolBean
Reel Rookie

Re: R635 Tcl Auto Output No Sound

I'm having a similar problem with HANDSHAKE between my TCL 617C (2018) and a Pioneer VSX-44 AVR. What's driving me nuts is that the CEC functionality is working. ie. when I adjust volume using the AVR, it displays the changes on the TV screen. I have turned on ARC in the AVR settings. I have selected ARC (HDMI 3: RECEIVER) as my audio output on the TCL. Yet when highlighting that option the TV declares "Your audio device is not connected to the ARC port!" and I get zero sound. 

When connecting my PS5 directly to the AVR I get full DD + audio. So it's not the AVR, it's an ARC HANDSHAKE problem between the TV and the AVR.

This is all extra annoying because until this week, I was able to get normal DD surround sound by connecting the TV and AVR via optical cable. I don't know if it's because of Netflix, Prime etc. upgrading to DD+, or a firmware update from Roku, but the TV seems unable to decode DD + to DD, so the TV spits out a 2 channel stereo track instead over the optical cable. 

I was hoping to solve this with ARC but now instead I've gone from 2 channel to 0 channel...

If anyone has run into this I would love some advice. Thanks.

0 Kudos