Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhantared

Private listening mode please help me out

Jump to solution

Okay so, I couldn’t find my Roku remote so I downloaded a universal remote on my phone. This universal remote had a private listening feature and I was like “oh that’s cool” so I clicked on it. Naturally, it went into private listening mode but the problem is, it won’t turn off. I did a TV/audio reset — didnt go away. I tried pressing the volume and mute buttons (universal remote)—didn’t go away. I went to settings and tried to disconnect the remote but it wasn’t showing up in my settings. I just found the original remote and the private listening feature is still not going away. Now I’m freaking out bc I don’t know how to fix this. I’m using a Hisense TV btw.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening mode please help me out

Jump to solution

Hi, @bhantared.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We've noticed that you're experiencing an issue with the Headphones Mode (Private listening) on the remote app you've used for your Roku TV. Don't worry; we're here to look closely at it.

To isolate the root cause of the problem, consider the suggested steps below:

In addition to that, make sure that when using the Headphones Mode, check if you tap the correct icon,https___image.roku.com_c3VwcG9ydC1B_Remote-mobile-screen-US-300x510.png

We recommend checking it to see if the problem is resolved. Let us know if this improves your current situation. For more detailed instructions on using Headphones Mode, visit this support article here.

Please keep us posted for more updates.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening mode please help me out

Jump to solution

Hi, @bhantared.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We've noticed that you're experiencing an issue with the Headphones Mode (Private listening) on the remote app you've used for your Roku TV. Don't worry; we're here to look closely at it.

To isolate the root cause of the problem, consider the suggested steps below:

In addition to that, make sure that when using the Headphones Mode, check if you tap the correct icon,https___image.roku.com_c3VwcG9ydC1B_Remote-mobile-screen-US-300x510.png

We recommend checking it to see if the problem is resolved. Let us know if this improves your current situation. For more detailed instructions on using Headphones Mode, visit this support article here.

Please keep us posted for more updates.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.