Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drankfe5

Prime video blacking out please help me

Jump to solution

I have a element roku tv and I was watching a movie on Prime Video, about 20 minutes in the TV screen goes black but the audio is still playing. Powered off the TV and everything came back, restarted the movie and it happens again. I was thinking it might be a problem with the tv but switched over to my firestick and no more issues. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Prime video lately?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime video blacking out please help me

Jump to solution

Hi, @drankfe5

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with Prime Video, and we'd be happy to assist. Let's troubleshoot this one to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

We'll anticipate your response.

Best wishes.
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime video blacking out please help me

Jump to solution

Hi, @drankfe5

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with Prime Video, and we'd be happy to assist. Let's troubleshoot this one to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

We'll anticipate your response.

Best wishes.
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos