Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hannahs

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have cleared cache, checked for updates in both Roku and Netflix, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the app. However whenever I try to watch a new show or start a show over, it crashes. I have a 50 in Roku tv.

0 Kudos
RWMD
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

My model:

Roku - 50" Class Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV

This is obviously an ongoing issue for many. 

I suppose that I am lucky in that Netflix works just fine for me.

No crashes at all. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've been having a similar problem the last couple of days with Prime and Paramount+.  I found a suggestion on another website that worked for me:

1. Turn off your Roku TV

2. Unplug your Roku TV and leave it unplugged for a few minutes.

3. Turn your Roku TV back on using the button on the back of the t.v. instead of the remote.

After watching the SAME two minutes of "Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa" at least five times, I FINALLY got to see the rest of the episode without Prime crashing! 

0 Kudos
MPS_UNLTD

Jump to solution

I've tried everything and nothing works.

My Netflix and Amazon apps keep crashing.

I dont even bother with the **bleep** Roku  platform and just plug my Laptop into the TV and watch through a Web Browser.

I will NEVER buy another Roku TV again. It's GARBAGE.

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

We all look forward to hearing from you in about 3 weeks to see if you are still "crash" free.

Thanks for your tips.

0 Kudos
ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not had a crash for 6 weeks so far... 

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

65" Roku/Sharp and nothing has helped. Anything Netflix crashes seconds into it. Sometimes, the TV freezes and reboots. Tried the cheat code, uninstalling and reinstalling, unplugging, and Netflix never works. Everything else does. Meanwhile, all other TVs in the house are fine, whether it's a Roku, Firestick, or Chromecast.  I am putting a Chromecast on this TV and giving up. It's not worth the headache anymore.

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This past Black Friday 11/24/23 (the real one - not the "ALL MONTH BF"), I started looking for Android/Google TV's just for the heck of it, to see what might be coming on CYBER MONDAY 11/27/23. 

Just for kicks, I went back to my ROKU Phillips TV (PHIL65ROKU) to look at the reviews.  I even went to look at a few other models and yet I could not find anything on this subject. To my surprise, I didn't find any negative reviews about this issue, so I wrote my own review.  It would be great if everyone in this room went back to their purchase (most likely on Walmart or Amazon) and write something up if you haven't already done so.  For those who do not like to write reviews or simply do not have the time, you are welcome to copy, edit and paste mine, as follows:

(Title) ---> MOST with ROKU streaming NETFLIX and PRIME CRASH 

Phillips TV deserves 5 stars, however, ROKU deserves ZERO STARS!

Purchased 3/1/23 and ever since, Netflix and Prime will Crash intermittently. Upon finding ROKU's community I found this topic: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV on 4/9/23 which unfortunately was after my purchase date and return window. Turns out, there are many with various ROKU models that suffer the same issue. DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR, read these discussions prior to purchasing ROKU built in to any TV! I advise you to spend a little bit more and get yourselves an Android TV or Google TV!! Don't say I didn't warn you. There's a reason why ROKU TV's are so inexpensive. Those interested, here's the link:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Prime-and-Netflix-crashing-on-Roku-TV/td-p/867893

As I stated here previously, I'm finished posting updates about my headaches with this TV.  However, I simply had to come back and post an update of what I did while shopping for an ANDROID/GOOGLE TV.

This isn't the first time I threw away money on something and I doubt it will be the last.  I spent $309 (wo/tax) and got 9 months of viewing with 8 1/2 months of headaches with this issue.  It's time to spend yet more $$$ but this time for the Android or Google TV.  Such a waste and more stuff to give away or throw away (hopefully the former, so as not to add to the landfill).

Thanks again for all those that contributed to this topic.  At least I feel a bit better knowing I wasn't singled out.  Anyone talking "Class Action Suit"?  I might join up with RocketLawyer (as I have other Legal activities needing attention).  If I do, I might just bring this up to them and see what they offer.  What the heck, I'm going to put my contact info here for those who want to join my list: totechnical@yahoo.com
I look forward to hearing from you.

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
jds3622
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

for any still having this issue on go to your settings and turn off HDR. Should resolve the issue