Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS1212

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

Thanks these steps. They help however I have to repeat this almost once a week. This issue is really annoying.

Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have experienced the same. I tried reinstalling and other options such clearing the cache but those didn’t work for me. Here is what it did work. I unplugged the roku tv. Waited 10-15 seconds and plug it back. That resolved the issue temporarily. It will fix it for a month or more.  I don’t think there is any permanent solution. It looks like this is a Roku issue. They should find a permanent fix. Good luck!

avilabell

Jump to solution

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did this, and it totally worked! It rebooted just like you said, and I went back to watch the show on Netflix, and it hasn’t kicked me out again!

mdm0247

Jump to solution

We have the same issue roughly once a week. Sometimes the steps outlined here work, and sometimes they don't. I'm considering canceling my Netflix account because it's just not worth the headache, and we can't watch what we plan to watch half the time.

0 Kudos
turk1

Jump to solution

what do you mean by the home menu item.   I am having trouble on Prime so should I go to something I am watching, and the hit what 5 times.              Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is a button at the top right of the remote that looks like a home and will take you out of all apps to your home screen where you can select any app.  Once there then you hit it again 5 times to start  then all of the other buttons on your remote in the order in the instructions.

0 Kudos
Phil1968

Jump to solution

We did a factory reset and downloaded the app and it worked perfectly!

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm. Thank you! 🙏🏾

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yesterday Halloween 🎃, Netflix crashed on me 3 times. I did the magic incantation that usually does the trick but for whatever reason, Netflix just kept crashing. I finally gave up and moved on, thinking someone's playing a prank on us. I'll see how today goes and will follow up.

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have totally given up on this thing. I've come to hate everything Roku is and has to offer. Also, if I have to endure another of their horrific commercials I'm going to lose it. Between the crashing and the garbage TV, I'm ready to call my $350 investment a loss and watch for a Black Friday deal on an android TV. It's obvious that Roku is nothing more than a scam hidden behind a product without support. It's also no doubt the reason for these TV's being so "cheap" to begin with.

Signing out for good.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.