Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback on the Prime Video channel on your Roku TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michele5

I am having the same problem. My TLC Roku tv stops in the middle of the show. The tv is still under warranty. Do try to get a new tv?

0 Kudos
Kathee70
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure what to do. Roku says it's Prime and Prime says it's Roku. It's the only channel I have problems with and it's only on my Onn Roku TV. Tablet, phone and computer work fine without a problem

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there @Michele5 @Kathee70 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are not able to play Prime Video on your Roku.

You can refer to the previous post by RokuDanny-R. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Once we have that information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RoLev
Reel Rookie

The same thing (app shutting down and returning to Home Screen) is happening on my 40” Roku Select Series FHD TV, which I purchased 3 days ago.  Model 40R2A5. Hardware ID H804X. I don’t want to provide the Serial Number in a public forum, but can do so via email if you contact me.  Software version 12.0.0 build 4182-ES.  It happens frequently in the Prime Video app (shuts down multiple times during a 30 minute episode), version 14.1, build 2022120820.  It also happened once in the Spectrum app (Version 9.8, build 0) while watching a show on NBC.  The Tracker ID is 3V-206-229.  It happens while changing the volume using the remote.  It happens while fast forwarding using the remote.  It also happens while merely watching shows in the App, without touching the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RoLev

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the information requested. 

We'll send this over to the appropriate Roku team for investigation. Once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread. In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:
- tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
- does this issue just happen on those specific channels or does it happen on other channels as well
- are they able to reproduce the issue easily  
We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards, 
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UserLD

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

Same problem here

0 Kudos
Lori12

Yep!  Us too. Roku kicks us lot of Prime continuously. Only prime and only on Roku. Not on desktop, phone, Mac book, or iPad. Super super frustrating!!! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Catilla

Re: A Solution Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

I tried clearing the cache like you suggested and it worked. So thank you for the suggestion and directions on how to do so because I was about to cancel my subscriptions throw the t.v. out the window.

0 Kudos

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

We have been have the exact same problems with Prime continuously shutting down and going back to the Home Screen of our Roku TV.  We have done everything!  We’ve followed every recommendation even listed previously in this thread…all to no avail.  The only way we can watch anything from prime is to watch it from the computer or phone and “cast” it to our TV. 😭

Has anyone else ever been able to find the best way!??  

0 Kudos