Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adkins5

Please don't mess with the remote Roku..

I feel like the remote feature of the app is great and wonderful and simple as is.. now that there's this featured section with a basketball theme... It clutters the remote background a d is frankly rather ugly... Please don't do this Roku... It's so simple and wonderful as is 🙏🏻 at least give us the option to turn it off?

4 REPLIES 4
KC34

Re: Please don't mess with the remote Roku..

I agree.  How do we remove this basketball background.  First, there is too much emphasis placed on professional, college, and high school sports, especially male sports.  Two, I do not like sports themed things.  Three, I already paid for my Roku TV and the phone you are invading; if you want to advertise on them then you need to pay me money for those ads.  Five, the background is annoying and distracting.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adkins5 and @KC34,

Thank you for your post here at the Roku Community!

Here at Roku, we strive to create a better streaming experience for everyone. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding this. Rest assured, this has already been noted and raised with our team for review.

If you still have other comments and observations, feel free to let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MalabarRed

I hate basketball and allmost all other sports.  Imposing this ugly gray ghost basketball hoop on my iOS remote screen makes me extremely unhappy with Roku.  It is the height of presumption and arrogance for your company to assume I will appreciate this.  Please either let me lock out these themes or set my own theme.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MalabarRed,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Our goal at Roku is to give every user a better streaming experience. Regarding this, we truly value your input. You can be confident that our staff has already noted and discussed this for review.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.