Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cubot
Reel Rookie

Playback suddenly green and lined on all apps on Insignia Roku TV

Yesterday my Roku TV (in the middle of an episode) started displaying green tinted areas over the picture along with vertical lines. The green tinted areas move around, sometimes covering the whole screen. The sound is fine. I've switched it on and off, unplugged the power cable from the set (I don't use any other input cables), tried a factory reset and it's still happening on all the apps I use (mainly Netflix and Disney+) and even happened on the Roku intro video after the factory reset. It's only on moving images, the menus are fine. More details below as I've seen them asked for in other community posts.

-Roku TV brand and model: 24" Insignia Roku TV NS-24ER310NA1

-serial number:   2N000K654826

-device ID: 6JV610654826

-software OS/version: 10.5.0   BUILD 4210-20

Please help; I've seen other posts about this but no solution offered.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback suddenly green and lined on all apps on Insignia Roku TV

I would contact Insignia and see what they have to say.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ladygem222
Channel Surfer

I have done exactly as the other person above.  Have fairly new 65” Samsung and have my Roku on n it for months with no problem.  If this continues will have to drop it which would be unfortunate since that is all I watch. We really need help for this sudden problem from a company that is totally unresponsive and doesn’t seem to care!

0 Kudos
cubot
Reel Rookie

@Ladygem222 I contacted Insignia and they did get back to me (good) but the 'advice' they gave was as follows (bad):

"I understand and read you are getting some green tinted areas and some vertical lines on your TV no matter what you are watching. I know how inconvenient this must be for you. Rest assured I will try my best to guide you through this situation. Now, based on your description, since you already tried several troubleshooting options and the TV remains the same, it seems like there is an internal issue with the TV and a technician should definitely take a look at it to diagnose where the issue lies and how to fix it. Since the unit needs to be physically diagnosed, but it's no longer under our one year manufacturer's warranty (since 2018), my best recommendation would be to take the TV into a local technician of your trust."

Hmph. 

0 Kudos
Ladygem222
Channel Surfer

Little hard to do that with 65””.  I’ll call Samsun if I get the chance tomorrow.  Thank you so much for your response.

sandy

0 Kudos
Ladygem222
Channel Surfer

I found a solution for green lines but not before I spoke to Samsun who told me it was a problem with ROKU.  They were right so put a new ROKU player on my set problem went away.  Must be that the ROKU player has a life and must be replaced.

0 Kudos
Jmunson333

Playback suddenly green and lined on all apps on Insignia Roku TV

This is happening all the sudden to me as well. The tv displays fine, but if you try to watch anything you get a green screen, even videos from your own usb stick. 

sounds to me like something nefarious happened in the background and somehow this got pushed to all tv’s, essentially ruining them. Looks like a bad codec from the windows age.

0 Kudos
Jmunson333

Re: Playback suddenly green and lined on all apps on Insignia Roku TV RESOLVED

I discovered the issue and it was really surprising no other forums had discovered this. Green screen when only trying to use and app tells me something from the internet side is not working. 

Rebooting the router worked for a moment, but when everything was back online, It occurred again, which informed me that something within our network was the smoking gun.

Users may also exoeriance computers/ phones disconnect and reconnect. I have seen this behavior before. In the network and hacking world, is called ‘de-authing’, in order to sniff out your WPA passwords.

Upon further investigation, one of the computers within my home was unable to update, and windows defender showed zero threats. Some virus’s break the update feature because only then will the virus be discovered.

I installs malware bytes free version and discovered this computer has a Trojan and another virus. New ones. Undetectable by windows defender.

TO SOLVE THE INSIGNIA GREEN SCREEN PROBLEM, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

REBOOT YOUR MODEM / FIREWALL / INTERNET DEVICE - this will cause the Trojan to temporarily lose connection to its host, buying you a few moments.

AS SOON AS YOU ARE BACK ONLINE.

Downlod malware bytes free version and run a scan on every computer within your home.

POST OPP. Any site that you had to use credentials to login recently- CHANGE YOYR PASSWORD from another device, I.e, phone/ tablet.

I don’t know if this was a side effect of the virus or a command and control attempt to scan home networks for insignia TV’s and install malware.

You can test this by disconnecting every device from the internet within your home, with the exception of the TV, and try to test your TV App again. 

0 Kudos