Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axel3

Photo streams not working for some reason please help

Jump to solution

so basically I created the slides and everything but I guess the app does not see it so it keep saying sign in and sign in so I am but it never actually signs in and lets me put the slideshow on and I have been doing this for over 2 hours now and it’s very annoying it keeps doing the preview and say use this QR code to add more pictures so I do and then it never registers and displays them.. I don’t know what’s happening

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo streams not working for some reason please help

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Axel3!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this and we're sorry for the trouble in setting this up.

If you have already logged in but are still unsuccessful in getting it started, we recommend removing, restarting, and reinstalling the channel. For detailed instructions, follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: You can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Note: A stream may not allow 100 photos if the storage limit for the Roku account has been exceeded.

If the problem persists, try doing it via the Roku mobile app and see if you're able to push it through.

download and install the Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android, and then use the steps below to upload photos.

1. Launch the mobile app
  2. Tap on the User icon in the top corner 

3. Tap Sign in and enter your email address and password
  4. Select Photo Streams
  5. Select Create Stream to create a new Photo Stream, or choose an existing stream
  6. Upload your favorite photos
  7. If desired, customize the name of the Photo Stream
  8. Share the stream with family and friends using the URL or email the link to them directly

For additional support, you can visit our support page here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo streams not working for some reason please help

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Axel3!

We appreciate you for flagging us about this and we're sorry for the trouble in setting this up.

If you have already logged in but are still unsuccessful in getting it started, we recommend removing, restarting, and reinstalling the channel. For detailed instructions, follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: You can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Note: A stream may not allow 100 photos if the storage limit for the Roku account has been exceeded.

If the problem persists, try doing it via the Roku mobile app and see if you're able to push it through.

download and install the Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android, and then use the steps below to upload photos.

1. Launch the mobile app
  2. Tap on the User icon in the top corner 

3. Tap Sign in and enter your email address and password
  4. Select Photo Streams
  5. Select Create Stream to create a new Photo Stream, or choose an existing stream
  6. Upload your favorite photos
  7. If desired, customize the name of the Photo Stream
  8. Share the stream with family and friends using the URL or email the link to them directly

For additional support, you can visit our support page here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.