Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCSink

Photo Streams screensaver changes to default screensaver

I have searched through every Photo Streams post that came up in my searches but none seem to give an answer or solution.

I have 4 Roku TVs and 1 plug in in my house. I set up Photo Streams and it worked on the first couple tries but now every TV has reverted back to one of the default screensavers.

When I check the setting both through the channel and through the TV settings both show Photo Streams as on and selected as the current screensaver.

I've tried deleting Photo Streams and starting new. I've tried removing other screensavers. How do I correct  it to show the Photo Stream and not have it change to the default screensaver?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Jeremy_876
Reel Rookie

Re: Photo Streams screensaver changes to default screensaver

I have a similar issue. Seems like it'll be cool if we can get it to work correctly. 

My photo streams is up to date and everything ostensibly works  correctly and I've also attempted uninstall/ reinstall. The app is on the newest update. 

I've successfully loaded photos and checked the check box that includes the Stream in the screen saver reel. The only problem- it simply rolls between the 4 pack- in default photos and never shows the my photos, not yet a single one. It only cycles through the 2 default pack- in photos that are preloaded- the beach, the forest. 

Anyway wondering if this issue resonates with anyone or if there's a work around or a fix.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Jeremy_876
Reel Rookie

Pardon, the 2 default pack-in pics. I think I stated 4 but it's 2

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jeremy_876

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

To clarify, have you tried setting up the screensaver using the Photo Streams channel? For reference, before you can choose specific streams to include as your screensaver, you must have Photo Streams set as the screensaver using the instructions below:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Theme to open the Theme menu
  4. Select Screensavers
  5. Select Photo Streams
  6. Select Set as Screensaver to set Photo Streams as the screensaver

Once done, follow the next step below: Photo Streams channel

1. Open the channel and select Screensaver
  2. Under Add or remove streams, check the box for the streams you wish to include

For full details, visit this link: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Jeremy_876
Reel Rookie

Correct. Additionally I attempted reinstall and reset. My series of pictures with the check boxes you mentioned, to include it in photo stream, show up correctly on the mobile. When the screen saver runs however it only pulls from a pool of the 2 pack in photos and never shows the photos I added. 

It's not a huge deal but it would be a pretty cool screen saver if I could figure out where I'm bugging. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Jeremy_876

Thanks for the response. 

Have you tried restarting your Roku device and seeing if it helps? In some cases, restarting the device resolves the issue they are seeing. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos