Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankmaz
Reel Rookie

Re: Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

I recently got premium but it still crashes,

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Frankmaz
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Peacock or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Peacock and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Same here too. Will this ever be resolved? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OpiumTalent,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help get you up and running.
Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. What Roku model device are you using?
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue
  5. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ringsabre
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary et al,

I would like yet again remind you folks that THERE IS NO APPARENT WAY TO REMOVE PEACOCK from the Roku home screen. So, when you blithely suggest removing and reloading the channel I'm always a bit surprised, since you should probably already know that this isn't possible. (I just checked again now to in fact verify that I wasn't dreaming all this up and no, there is no option for removing the Peacock streaming channel.)

Now, I seem to vaguely recall that you might be able to remove Peacock once you've canceled service AND waited for the natural expiration of the current contract period, but obviously, that makes your remove/reload advice virtually moot, since you might literally have to wait up to 29 days--sans Peacock at all--in order to merely *try* this strategy--a strategy which may not work anyway. There must be a better way.

As for me, since I think I was the one who began this particular thread, my issued kind of resolved itself. I remember tinkering with moving the router and the Roku receiver into better line-of-sight and perhaps that helped, but I am not sure. Or maybe it just resolved itself. Magic, I guess.

But anyway, I had to chime in again about the remove/reload issue because on my Roku anyway, it's not anything you can do (if you scroll back I *think* I once posted in this thread an actual picture of my TV proving that there was no "remove" option; you might look for it).

Cheers!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ringsabre

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if you do not have the option to remove a channel from the Home screen, then you are subscribed through Roku Pay. In this case, we would recommend cancelling the subscription and then removing the channel, restart the Roku device, then adding it back again. Please be aware that you may need to resubscribe to the channel since you have already cancelled the subscription.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos