Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tdbear

Overheating issue on YouTube

My 43" TCL gives me a overheating warning but only when I am viewing videos on YouTube! And then again only on certain channel subscriptions on YouTube.  If I  switch to another video the warning disappears. This only happens when I am watching YouTube and never on any other channels or streaming service. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Overheating issue on YouTube

@Tdbear

Thanks for the post.

This would appear to be a hardware related issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChewieUgh

I have this same issue, only YouTube. Nothing else overheats. I have a roku stick, so it's not the TV 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChewieUgh,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are experiencing an overheating issue with your Roku device when you are accessing the Youtube channel.

Please be noted that it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your ...

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website and seeing if that resolved your issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator