Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WES5

Our Roku acct has-been erased after calling support

We appear to no longer have a Roku acct after contwhatwe thought was a support line to activate our TLC channel. We are no stuck in guest mode that we did not do. What do we do??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Our Roku acct has-been erased after calling support

Hi @WES5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

It seems like we need more details about this issue before we can make a strong suggestion about it. Could you tell us more about this? Are you seeing an error message? When did the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you're seeing?

Let us know more about this so that we can zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WES5

Ok, we called what we thought was a Roku rep yesterday due to our TLC not allowing us to view some episodes due to needing to locking us out and it gave us a code and then a number came up on my phone to contact customer service, so the guy I spoke with asked for the code and my email and had me change my password to a password he chose then told me to hold on, after not hearing anything from Jim for over a couple of minutes I hung up and lost my access to our acct and my email no longer exists,  then they got into our TV and Locked us out of our usual channels and put us into guest mode, we cannot get back into our usual settings or create a new acct

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You were scammed.  Try factory resetting the TV and setting up a new Roku account.  I'm betting you can no longer get into the old account.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.