Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onn roku tv sporadically turning on

For the better part of 3 weeks now my ONN Roku tv has been turning on multiple times on its own. I had originally thought it might have been from a game I downloaded as it seemed to happen more when I was using this game on my phone. That said I’ve made a point now to not play it at all while I’m home. I’ve now noticed that even with my phone connected to data the tv has still turned on by its self. Although my cats don’t mind watching the aquarium screensaver it gets very frustrating at night. There’s no updates to my awareness and I’ve not been able to find anyone else with this issue so any advice would be helpful. Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn roku tv sporadically turning on

Hi @Simplysomeone,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

When you are done streaming content, are you making sure to return to the Home screen to ensure that the Roku TV is no longer streaming? Some customers have reported that they have been able to resolve their issue by disabling the screensaver feature on their device. Have you tried that troubleshooting step to see if that helps with what you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DevinG98
Reel Rookie

Ive been having the same issue with my onn tv, it will turn on in the middle of the night and start blasting music and going to other apps while im trying to watch tv, has happened with several tvs and i see no reason to ever buy waste my money on a scamming tv again

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DevinG98

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about this issue so we to determine how we can help resolve this issue. Have you tried performing a system restart on your Roku TV? Also, when did you first notice this issue started to occur? Further, what specific apps does it open when the Roku TV turns on?

in the meantime, we recommend unplugging the Roku TV when not in use.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.