Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keev242

Re: Onn Roku tv. Software won’t update.

Jump to solution

I held the reset button on the tv for 30 secs and the purple screen came up with recovery mode. I connected to my wifi and updated the Roku on that same screen. once done the Roku restarted and I went in settings and connected to my wifi again. I was able to sign in to my account and everything was back to normal. it worked!!!!

Harpc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lucky you. I followed the reset instructions and now I still get the 008 error so I can't watch nothing except satellite. I hard wired the internet and still unable to update. This is so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for raising your concern here in the Roku Community, @Harpc!

To answer your query above, performing a factory reset on one of your Roku streaming players or TV will not affect the other devices you have even if they are on the same Roku account. 

Please be also aware that resetting your Roku device will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

We suggest trying this step and updating the software version of it right after. Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corashcar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had success updating. Hardwired internet, holding down reset button for 30 seconds or so until purple screen came up

0 Kudos
Corashcar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me thank you.

0 Kudos
Babyzeep

Jump to solution

The key here is to hold down the reset button until you get to the purple recovery mode screen. Then once you enter your connect via wifi, it updates and restarts! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alex27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Shae5714 were you able to fix the problem? I have the exact same problem.tries every think. Could you solve it? 

0 Kudos
Alex27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Corashcar , I have wired internet. Y tv is in factory mode. When I hold for 30 seconds or mire, appear a screen with « onn. Roku. TV » but not message of update. The screen trmained for 2 hours, no movemnt. How was thst for you?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.