Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku TV shuts off and stuck in rebooting

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @Belkatem.

In this case, kindly provide us with the following information so we can send your device's information in the process of investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Belkatem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think you understand... it will not stop rebooting, ever. I can't even get it to shut off unless I leave it unplugged. When I plug it back in it starts reboot cycle all over again, and again, and again. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get to any of this information if I can't get it to stop cycling through reboot. Literally... over and over and over reboot. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping in touch, @Belkatem.

We apologize for the misunderstanding. In this case, please send us a photo of the issue you've seen on your screen.

Please keep us updated with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Belkatem I would try to do a factory reset.  There should be a pinhole for resest on the back of the TV.

https://smarttechfaqs.com/reset-onn-tv/

0 Kudos
Belkatem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Already tried that. It still restarts in a continuous reboot cycle. See video next post. 

0 Kudos
Belkatem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/9rqp7DZKDJBD

I don't know if this will work but a link to the video is above. 

0 Kudos
Missjessmarie69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Mine is now doing this too! It’s brand new and nothing is fixing this! Did you ever find something that worked ? Thanks so much 
0 Kudos
Missjessmarie69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Same thing with me! It won’t even play the movie or show for longer than 5 minutes! I’m so over it! It’s frustrating 
Ktgenius33

Jump to solution

All that **bleep** they say to do does not work ended up having to get another tv cause this tv acting like it’s rebooting forever. They saying to go to settings. HOW??? Can’t get to settings it’s constantly rebooting. When I did get it back working from pushing button on back of tv. As soon as I got to an app on the tv it went back to the reboot. That go to settings **bleep** did not work. My advice DONOT BUY A ONN ROKU TV.

Belkatem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed. I tried all the things that everyone said and just gave up and bought a new TV. It was in constant reboot for over a week, wouldn't even shut off without being unplugged. The last support said to contact the manufacturer because with my video it looked like a "hardware" problem. Not worth the effort.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.