Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

I have a new 42" Onn Roku tv that keeps crashing out. It doesn't matter which app I'm running at any given time, (Sling, Roku, Vudu, Etc.), it will suddenly stop running / crash and put me back on the selection screen. It usually does this within 15 minutes or so after turning the tv on but may actually give me up to 30 min. of air time. At times it simply freezes and will not do anything at all unless a hard boot is performed (unplugging). All of the "power saving" options are turned off and it's not the internet as we have at least one other tv running at any given time and this one is the only one presenting any kind of problem. Any idea what's going on? Beginning to feel like a store return is in my future....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

@Isaac994 wrote:

Iv been having the same issue from the same exact tv has anything helped???

I tried a sort of "solution" I read while researching this problem. It may or may not work for anyone else but so far it has for me. Turn the set off by using the power button on the TV, (on my model, it's on the bottom of the set beneath the screen in the center). Then unplug the TV and hold the power button for ten seconds or so. This apparently drains any residual energy / electricity from the set. Plug it back in and turn on using the set's power button. In my case, the set will operate fine for the rest of the day. I have to keep doing it daily though. Sort of a "poor man's" solution but i guess it's better than nothing....

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just a quick addition: I had a TCL Roku with a major problem freezing and my work around was to just bypass everything with a streaming stick. Garbage internals as far as streaming on these Roku TV's?

J904
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also recently bought a 42" Onn roku tv. I paid $88 during a Walmart black Friday sale. I received the tv November 10th 2020 and since then the apps have crashed multiple times and its constantly losing the network connection. I've also restarted my router, uninstalled and reinstalled all my streaming channels and reset the tv to factory settings. Today after the factory reset its already crashed while using the Hulu and Prime video apps. Its very  frustrating. Also thinking if returning but with the situation the stores are very chaotic 😔😔

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tried a sort of "solution" I read while researching this problem. It may or may not work for anyone else but so far it has for me. Turn the set off by using the power button on the TV, (on my model, it's on the bottom of the set beneath the screen in the center). Then unplug the TV and hold the power button for ten seconds or so. This apparently drains any residual energy / electricity from the set. Plug it back in and turn on using the set's power button. In my case, the set will operate fine for the rest of the day. I have to keep doing it daily though. I'm going to try a Roku stick and see if that solves the problem as well....

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
J904
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response, I've included my info below 

Roku Device Model: Roku tv D803X
Serial number : X00700AR3MG2
Decive ID : S06F407R3MG2
Software version: 9.4.0 build 4190-C4
Tracker ID: G2-468-316

Issue occurs with different channels such as Hulu, Pluto tv, Prime Video and YouTube.

Hulu version 6.36 Build 0
YouTube version 1.0 build 93000110
Prime Video version 11.4 build 2020092816
Pluto TV version 5.8 build 5

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Roku TV - D803X

ONN Model - 100018254

Serial # - X00700GU01G2

Software Version - 9.4.0 Build 4190-C4

Device ID - S06F409U01G2

It doesn't matter which app I'm using, (sling, vudu, pluto, etc), or when. It will suddenly drop me and return to the "home" screen. This nearly always occurs during the first 15 min. or so after turning on the set.

0 Kudos
Sorrow

Jump to solution

Im also having issues with my 42 in onn roku tv. It resets whenever I try to open any app like Netflix or Hulu. I can’t actually get any app to successfully start. Tried everything from reinstalling apps to factory reset.

Roku TV D803X

onn. Model 100018254

serial # x000700FSP9GH

software 9.4.0 build 4190-C4

device id S06F408SP9GH

Tracker GH-471-275

netflix: version 5.2 build 98088403

disney plus version 1.10 build 2020110200

YouTube: version 1.0 build 93000110

0 Kudos
Isaac994

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Isaac994 wrote:

I tried a sort of "solution" I read while researching this problem. It may or may not work for anyone else but so far it has for me. Turn the set off by using the power button on the TV, (on my model, it's on the bottom of the set beneath the screen in the center). Then unplug the TV and hold the power button for ten seconds or so. This apparently drains any residual energy / electricity from the set. Plug it back in and turn on using the set's power button. In my case, the set will operate fine for the rest of the day. I have to keep doing it daily though. Sort of a "poor man's" solution but i guess it's better than nothing....