Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MacsOpinion
Reel Rookie

One Channel Just Shows Black Screen on Live Antenna TV

RCA Model RTRU5527-B-US

Hardware ID 7815X

Serial YN008R992768

Software version 11.5.0 Build 4312-AM

It's been a few days now that only one channel (44.1) just started displaying a black screen. The channel info says I have full strength and it also displays the current show that is playing and a full description of the show. The channel guide even shows the thumbnail image of the current show running.
The other channel 4.1 works fine.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
packetrat
Binge Watcher

Re: One Channel Just Shows Black Screen on Live Antenna TV

Does 44.1 still come in OK on other televisions?  I'd try re-scanning for signals (Settings -> TV inputs -> Live TV -> Scan for antenna channels) to force a rebuild of the Roku's channel table. That station might have made a subtle change to their PSIP table (e.g. new MPEG program-ID numbers) that's somehow confusing the receiver. I think Roku pulls broadcast program descriptions from an Internet service rather than over-the-air.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.