Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedoomster
Binge Watcher

OS 12.5 update broke Spectrum remote connection

This morning I powered up my TCL 65R615 Roku tv as normal with the Spectrum remote.  Volume also worked as usual.  I updated the OS to 12.5 and after restart I could no longer control power/volume with the Spectrum remote.  I reprogrammed the remote with the known code 11756 but no luck.  Tried same with a backup remote, still no luck.  Clearly something is broke in this update.

21 REPLIES 21
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 12.5 update broke Spectrum remote connection

Do any of the alternative codes shown here work?

https://support.roku.com/article/212551937

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WRI
Reel Rookie

Same thing for Cox Cable (same code 11756). We run a hotel & now I have hundreds of guest complaining remotes don't work. Ridiculous to ask us to fix something the update BROKE. Let alone going to every single room & tv remote to reprogram. Roku, fix what you broke!

JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problem.  My Spectrum remote no longer turns on the TV or changes the volume as of today.  I have tried and tried to reprogram it, but it will not work with the TV.  I called Spectrum, and they thought something is wrong with my remote and are sending a new one.  After the phone call, I decided to try an old Spectrum remote I had, and it will not pair with the TV, either.  I then looked through the menu on the TV and saw that the TV had installed a software update this morning, so I came here to the forum to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.  Evidently it IS due to the software update!  I tried the other codes listed at the link in the post above, and they do not work, either.  Roku, please FIX this issue!

0 Kudos
thedoomster
Binge Watcher

No alternative codes work.

0 Kudos
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

bunmusic

Same exact issue.  You and I are sharing a brain!  I went through the same process of contacting Spectrum, TCL, and then ROKU.  The issue is clearly related to the software update on 11/1/23.  I had gone to a Spectrum service center and received three new remotes.  Of course, same issue of not being able to pair with my TCL tv.

Shame on you ROKU!!

thedoomster
Binge Watcher

Code 11463 does not work either.

0 Kudos
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

The 11463 code worked for me!  I had called Spectrum last night and just called TCL this afternoon.  I was on the phone with TCL when I got back to this forum page and tried the 11463.  So TCL now knows about this.  She said they would get with Roku and try to make sure we don't have this same problem again.  I HOPE they don't mess anything else up again!

bunmusic

Thank you.  Just tried the code 11463, and it works fine.  Hopefully, no more issues!!!