Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

@Lmleight78 @EvanG

Thanks for the post.

We would first recommend trying to unplug your Roku TV for 10-15 minutes than plugging it back in to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it's possible that the issue is hardware related. In this case, we would recommend that you contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Samos333

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

Hey @Ronny4 I have a TCL Roku 65s425 that was working fine and now is displaying a black screen we have tried the reset button on the television several times and it has never popped back to the purple reset screen it blinks and we can see the Roku pop up and go out but never come through to the purple screen what is it we need to do now?

0 Kudos
shirleyanne
Reel Rookie

This does not work. We have tried numerous times. Our TV cycles betwen the logo and the black screen. We tried all troubleshooting suggestions many times. Very disappointing.

Knucklebunker
Reel Rookie

It worked for me.  If it does not work for you then maybe your issue needs a different fix.  It took me multiple tries before I was successful.

0 Kudos

Did your tv ever get fixed

0 Kudos
Paul65
Streaming Star

Having the same problem.   Black screen 75" TCL. Tried pushing reset.  Light flashes...never goes to other screen.  Held for a few minutes.  Stays black.  Tried unplugging for 30 min.  Nothing.  Plugged hdmi into another TV.  No problem, so it's a problem with the TV.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Paul65, did you contact TCL?  They made the TV.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
shirleyanne
Reel Rookie

No my tv is Hisense. No answer yet. I got bounced between Hisense and Ruku many times. No one wants to take responsibility. It their fault... no not ours ... their fault, back and forth.

Paul65
Streaming Star

Pretty aggravating to be sure. All I can get is do a reset to get to get to recovery screen.  We'll what are we supposed to do when it never gets to the recovery screen? Can't update because no wifi.  Can't connect wifi because no recovery screen.  "Use a USB update"  well I can't get it to do that if I can't see the screen, now can i?

Paul65
Streaming Star

Tried, and all I got was "warranty expired. Gee, that helps.

0 Kudos