Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul65
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

I like it.  They still don't care.. but I like it.

0 Kudos
Drew001
Reel Rookie

Good info

0 Kudos
Jreagor
Reel Rookie

I actually purchased my TV at the local Walmart and they allowed me to swap it out and they told me I could also swap it for a different brand if I wanted👍🏾

0 Kudos

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 03/29/2023

TCL Roku TV is black.

I tried the troubleshooting directions.

I had audio, but now it's a really black screen with a very light shadow on the home screen.

Issue #78-470-767

SSoftware11.5.0 Build4312-30

Model #7134X-RokuTV

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 03/29/2023

• @6028  I suggest you read thru this thread. Nobody is going to help you. Someone from Roku will say they are sorry and that they will talk to their team and get back to you. They won’t. They allowed a 3rd party to use their name and make their tv (TCL) and they made a product that lasts about a year or two and then craps out. 
0 Kudos
ggarcia
Channel Surfer

I tried to file with TCL.  Had my TV for 16 months and they only offer a 12 month warranty unless I would have bought an extended warranty.  Which I didn’t.  So they said there’s nothing they can do for me.  No more TCL Roku tvs for me.  

Drew001
Reel Rookie

Yep. Done with Roku and TCL. Never again.

0 Kudos
Pope21

Hisense 50” Roku tv with sound but no picture

I have attempted a soft reset, hard reset, and the remote series of buttons. Help. 

0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

Update... Roku keeps saying this is fixable and keeps saying to update via usb drive,  You get to the 12 digit number that is supposed to be displayed "on your tv" suddenly its back to "TCL" territory is what they say.  Would it be too much to ask for a usb update that bypasses the 12 digit code that then authenticates the other code?

0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

Re: Hisense 50” Roku tv with sound but no picture

Good luck tcl has same problem.  if you are not in warranty then i suggest you go buy another "not roku" tv.  I'd suggest those google tvs.  Check out https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/OS-11-5-Roku-TV-TCL-Black-Screen-on-display/td-p/830524/pa...

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.