Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njrichie
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

You have to keep holding & pressing until the opening screen comes on, The flashing is just an indication that your pressing is registering with the TV. Its not easy! Trust me it took many attempts to get it to reset.

Ronny4
Channel Surfer

Okay I’ll keep trying it then. But there has to be a better way. Release a new update or something lol.. 

thanks 🙏 

TaterToast

I’ve tried the recovery mode thing (hold button till start, then purple screen comes on) twice to no avail.

updates, and when it says “restarting”

it just goes back to the same black screen, not fixed..

Knucklebunker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

I have model 43S431.  It's black screen after update.  I've updated through recovery mode it returns to blackscreen after restart.

0 Kudos
TaterToast

@Knucklebunker 

yup.

I had a support email sent to TCL as well, and 1 hr after submitting, they actually called me (straight forward, great English, if that matter to you).

he’s asked for a little info to submit to software team.

sounds like he thinks it was fixed( that’s why some say they had success) through the recovery mode that just essentially rolled back to previous version. But somehow the software switch to “grabbing” the new, broken version again.

I’m willing to bet there will be another fix tomorrow, for those of us that can’t get it to work right now

0 Kudos
FixmyTCL
Reel Rookie

I also have this issue. Started yesterday. After 45 min on the phone with support, I ended up fixing it myself by downloading the update via USB, etc.  It worked for 18 hours and now it's black again. TCL/ROKU needs a real fix. 

0 Kudos
Knucklebunker
Reel Rookie

I ended up getting it to work thanks to my stubbornness.  Third time was a charm.  As a side note I have $ mixed in my wifi password and it's not an option on the recovery mode keyboard.  I had to work around by turning my cellphone into a hotspot. 

0 Kudos
FixmyTCL
Reel Rookie

The forces were with me this morning and I was able to get it to update via USB (select no internet connection and follow the instructions to download software, etc)

0 Kudos
Lmleight78

My tv is now having this exact issue. I’ve tried the factory reset and it’s not working. Does anyone know if there’s been a new software release that’s causing these issues? My tv is only a couple years old and has been working perfectly until about 24 hours ago. 😡😡😡

EvanG

Same issue with me. Screen is completely black and have tried to do the reset multiple times with the normal screen coming back. In the right light I can see the Roku logo and some of the options pop up but it’s very faint and too dim to follow the directions. This only became an issue over night