Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ressurex19
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Roku TV Home screen only shows in top left corner

(Version 11.5 Build 4235-30) Tcl model is 55S515

After this last update when I press the home button after being on an HDMI channel the home screen goes to being small in the top left corner of the screen. I go to the hdmis and they work fine. (For now) But as soon as I hit the home screen button it is mostly black with the home screen in the top left corner of the tv screen. Seems to be happening when pressing the home button coming off of (HDMI 3 (ARC)) Which my Nintendo switch is connected to. I switch over to another app or something and it fixes. Only going to the home screen from HDMI 3 seems to be where the issue lies.

51 REPLIES 51
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Home screen only shows in top left corner

@Ressurex19

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue for you, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-image of the issue occurring so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ressurex19
Channel Surfer

IMG_20221101_134829924.jpg

• I have attached a photo of what the tv look like when I press home upon exiting hdmi 3 (ARC) That's also the steps I take for this to happen: Exiting hdmi 3 causes the home screen to shrink like that to the top left corner.
  • Roku/TCL device model is 55S515
  • Serial Number is YS0050292150
  • Device ID is FT2885292150
  • Software OS/Version is 11.5.0 Build 4235-30
Ressurex19
Channel Surfer

IMG_20221101_140347476.jpg

• Tracker ID is 50-438-839
  • Model is 7118X - Roku tv
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ressurex19,

Thanks for providing the information needed and for the photo.

We'll share these details with the Roku engineering team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jab336

Having the same exact issue! Same exact model TV. 

nne3jxc
Reel Rookie

I am also experiencing this. Same model and same result when exiting HDMI3 (ARC) from a PS4.

Only does it from that HDMI port.

RedHammer

Same TCL tv, same problem. This has only started happening in the last 3 months.

0 Kudos
Lrebecchi

Was this ever resolved? I’m having the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
Bill_R1
Reel Rookie

No - no response no fix no suggestions that I'm aware of.

If anyone has an update, it would be nice to hear about it.

0 Kudos