Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bresni
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.0] Live Pause OTA horrid synch issues

Jump to solution

You are not the only one Gripsz.
I am having identical sync issues on my 75R6E4 as well. I have tried several different grades of USB media to no avail. Hisense support has actually agreed to do a dispatch for a home repair. Maybe they have some "MAGIC" in mind. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bresni
Reel Rookie

Re: Live Pause OTA horrid synch issues

Jump to solution

Gripsz, The live pause sync and lost replay buffer issues now appear to be fixed on my 75" Hisense Roku TV. I have not seen a single occurrence of either problem as of October 26 when firmware was updated to Version 11.5.0 with build # 4235. I hope yours has been cured too !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
fmsthree

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue, but with recently purchased TCL. I have tried multiple USB drives including 2 brand new ones purchased specifically for testing.

Model: G110X - Roku TV  
Serial Number:  X01200YUEWY1 (S0AA41AUEWY1)
Software Version: 11.0.0 - build 4193-CG
Timestamp: 2022-08-03T17:51:39Z

Issue ID Y1-309-231

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine still does it, (this rant is 7 months old). don't know if/how many updates have came along. nothing fixed. I finally gave up and use FireTV Cube almost exculsively. Should have bought the Android model, perhaps. Great Picture and like the Roku interface though.

0 Kudos
Bresni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Gripz, and anyone else experiencing similar issues.
I actually got Hisense to open a ticket and dispatch a local big screen TV repair company that they contract with. The contract tech arrived with a brand new main board that Hisense shipped to them. The tech asked me what problem I was experiencing and when I told him what it was, he sort of chuckled and said that a hardware swap would not fix a design problem. Apparently he was familiar with this sync issue, but due to his relationship with Hisense declined to discuss it any further. He duly continued on with the mainboard swap. And of course the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Gripsz @Bresni

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware we locked the previous thread since it was related to an older OS. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@fmsthree

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information and concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bresni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Gripsz, The live pause sync and lost replay buffer issues now appear to be fixed on my 75" Hisense Roku TV. I have not seen a single occurrence of either problem as of October 26 when firmware was updated to Version 11.5.0 with build # 4235. I hope yours has been cured too !

0 Kudos