Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I just updated today. I haven't found adoption yet to this.

SamIAm100
Channel Surfer

Re: Update 10.5 and signal strength on over-the-air antenna

Jump to solution

Glad to hear Danny. It seems to be a glitch with the 10.5 update that apparently is causing the loss of exhibiting antenna signal strength in bars. Thanks for any help correcting this.

Jimpi
Channel Surfer

Re: Update 10.5 and signal strength on over-the-air antenna

Jump to solution

All 3 of my Roku TCL TV's in my house, went from 4 bars to 1 bar, recently.  It caused me a lot of grief checking out my antenna and connectors, to find out it's a software problem with Roku.  I also get a split second outage when watching OTA shows, which never happened before this update.

Fox News app doesn't work right, and now this antenna problem.  I think the Roku IT guys must be "C" students, at best.

I wish Roku would test out the updates, before they unleash it's wrath upon us.

Jimpi
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem on my TCL TV's.

c-dude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please add me to the list of users encountering the signal strength problem on OTA channels:

Roku TV: 8116X
TCL model: 32S323
Serial #: YK00FT805241
Device ID: JDA92F805241
Software version: 10.5.0 * Build 4201-48
Issue ID: 41-458-057

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

@c-dude we have included the information and Roku team has been investigating this issue closely. We'll get back to you once we have an update and I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Please stay safe and healthy everyone, we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Re: OTA Signal Level Indicator Inaccurate after SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-30

Jump to solution

I have noticed mine is the same way since 10.5.0 It is not at all acceptable. Was very excited to see the added features of hiding channels with the new update, but i would trade it for true signal strength. It's definitely the update. The way i found out was, i have a smaller screen roku tv next to it on the same antenna and it gets the correct signal strength readings - it is still using 10.0.0 and can't hide live channels. Hopeful that they will try to address this issue.

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have noticed my Westinghouse is the same way since 10.5.0 - It is not at all acceptable. Was very excited to see the added features of hiding channels with the new update, but i would trade it for true signal strength. It's definitely the update. The way i found out was, i have a smaller screen InFocus roku tv next to it, on the same antenna and it gets the correct signal strength readings - it is still using 10.0.0 and can't hide live channels. Hopeful that they will try to address this issue. Makes you want to buy an Android TV. (not Really, but i hope they understand it will lead some to dump the platform, or not buy into it if they get wind of problems)

lranger

Re: OTA Signal Level Indicator Inaccurate after SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-30

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with ota channels showing one bar signal strength with this latest update. I also have some other issues with 10.5.0 but that's another topic. I'm sure Roku doesn't give a **bleep** but at this rate my next TV will not be a Roku smart TV.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I got my 10.5 updates yesterday and notice the same issue on my OTA channels, single bar on the signal strength for all local stations.

• Sharp Roku TV 7201X (purchased in 2018)
  • Sharp Model : LC-43LBU591U
  • Device ID : 9G400A567862

As for me, I don't find it to be terribly annoying since it does appear to be a cosmetic UI thing that some developer overlooked during testing because they made a bunch of upgrades to the OTA menu; probably chopped off (accidentally) a function call to poll the internal tuner log for current signal strength. I have spent a lot of time properly positioning my antenna for each TV over the years so it's not a stopper for me.

Attention Devs:  Go run a code review and restore the signal strength indicator

-old grizzled software developer

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.