Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carefrog29

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

We went to turn our 66 in TCL Roku tv on thanksgiving morning and there is no picture you can hear sound and that’s it 

0 Kudos
DOurJOBorPAYme
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

"This gives me the impression that they don't have any professional programmers that actually know what they are doing"

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

That could be entirely true. Just look how messed up/don't work how they should, search engines. Facebook & Instagram help doesn't work. Search engines are getting stupid, give answers to questions not asked and the answers given, can easily be found, learning /looking around your page. People ask the obvious stupid questions, instead of doing some work. Every day I read that nonsense and all they have to do is go visit that website. To lazy to do their own research, so that nonsense is everywhere and yes "code is pasted around /sold w/e. I agree, most companies have people "calling themselves programmers" and couldn't program themselves to learn something that lied to get a job. Stop helping the ones that will not help themselves, because you are helping the spread of their ignorance. 

0 Kudos
BL13

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Jump to solution

Same issue. I have three TCL Roku TVs. Issue persists across all three units. Clearly a software issue. 

0 Kudos
ncnavyguy
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV doesn't show correct signal strength on OTA channels

Jump to solution

Roku device model 65S421

Serial # X00000PJS3KC

Device ID S033DO3JS3KC

Software OS/version 10.5.0  Build 4201-93

Gary-94080
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just did an OS update and mine went back to 10.0.0 b 4209-46

ncnavyguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that on my three other TCL Roku TVs and it worked fine and rolled back to 10.0 but my 65 inch with the information I sent you does not

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ncnavyguy, you posted the TV's model number which is not the same thing as the Roku model number displayed under Settings->System->About.  If you check those model numbers on your various TVs you'll probably find that the one that won't go back to 10.0 isn't on the list of affected (infected) models.  I know it's no solution, but just trying to speculate as to why it's not going back to 10.0.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jeremy333
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks all.  TCL 55R617 here, and been noticing this issue all week, with a few days off work.

Checked system menu and got rollback update tonight installed.  Bars working again!  Weird that my tv showed "checked for update 11/28 8:37 PM" about half an hour ago, but didn't update on its own.  Maybe it would have overnight?  Whatever.  Done now.

Now to go research my other issue... OTA channels blinking every minute or two, and the guide popping up as if I just tuned to the channel.  This is why I started looking at my antenna strength because it simulated losing signal.  Now I can sit here and see I have 5 bars... so antenna isn't the problem.

0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Except for the fact that it's going to update itself in a few days and this time you won't be able to rollback. Enjoy a few days or a week of your TV not being broken... Gotta love those updates that don't add anything of real value but break multiple things... 

Gripsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, as an update on previous posts and current status:  To recap, i have 3 roku tvs, Westinghouse, Infocus, TCL. They all updated to 10.5.0 from 10.0.0 in the last couple weeks. The Westinghouse did a second update to 10.0.2xxx, fixed Signal Strength Bars all good, but No Logos on Live Guide for OTA, No Hide/Manage Channel * Menu from Guide. Other 2 have stayed on 10.5.0. Now, Westinghouse is in corner waiting to go in Box and stored away. Bought NEW, current production Date, Hisense QLED/ULED Roku TV, hooked up, it Updated instantly to 10.5.0 (don't know what it was on in box). All channels come in good, Guide, Logo, Edit Channels, Good. Works like the other 2. Also, ALL Signal Strength Bars are ONE Bar!   In my case, i know my Antenna setup is correct with good signals, many channels, and i will keep the TV and wait on them to Fix it - - BUT, what happens when future buyers get a New roku TV, Hook it up, gets half ass channels, from mediocre/mis-pointed antenna, and ONE BAR signals? It goes back in Box, Returned to Store, Review Roku TV as Junk. Or they get one using 10.0.0 and can't edit streaming guide channels, are not impressed, return to store, review as lame platform. Either Way, they HAVE to fix the Signal Meter or become a fossil. I can live with these 3 on 10.5.0 at present, i just worry about others buying into the Roku platform and not being happy with it. Android TVs (prob. 'cause all the phones and google owns the world) already seem to be becoming a norm. if you look over the market. There's more to it than we see, with tv manufacturers making deals to use diff software/adware on TV products. Maybe Roku gets more revenue off the streaming devices that don't Need a signal meter? Maybe the Tuner hardware is an issue.  Hate to see Roku overlook this seemingly minor bug And go the way of the Dino. And, where would that leave me, with 4 Tvs using it? With a system(s) nobody (but me) uses, buys, and worse, with a Company that can't afford to keep the firmware up to date due to lost sales.  Fix It, while you have a chance, Roku!

0 Kudos