Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONN Roku TV flashes blue then instantly goes black

When I turn it on it flashes blue then goes back. I can hear remote sounds in TV and power light flashes but still nothing but black screen 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Chytown

Re: ONN Roku TV flashes blue then instantly goes blak

Just got home from the local Walmart and I am having the same issue!

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @atozconstructio, @Chytown,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that your ONN Roku TV is only showing a black screen. We would be more than willing to assist you.

Before we proceed, we would like to know the details below:

• When did you start to experience the issue?
  • Did you receive a recent software update prior to this issue happening?
  • What are the troubleshooting processes that you tried in trying to fix the issue?

In the meantime, we highly suggest you try the following.

1. Unplug the ONN Roku TV from the power source
  2. Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back.
  3. If it does not work, please try to plug it into another power outlet.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your ONN Roku TV, which is ONN.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuRiamie-D 

I'm having similar problems, since yesterday (and after being updated to OS 14), and on a TCL Roku TV, so I doubt it's something limited to just ONN TVs.
It was working OK until late last night, when I again found I couldn't play trailers on the Roku Channel, nor could I play the movie itself. So I did a System Restart, tried again, and still no luck playing trailers or movies, then I tried the Roku Live channell, and nothing would play. Tried my OTA channels & even those wouldn't play! So I tried Netflix, and I could see their home screen, but when I selected something to watch, it wouldn't load & play it! 
I checked my WiFi connection in that room, and it was working fine (about 200+Mbps), but now nothing was playing, no broadcast stations, Roku stations, Netflix, but I was able to get Pandora to play.

This morning, NO Roku stations will play, just a black screen! My broadcast, OTA channels will play, but only audio, with black screen!  Something is wrong here, and the likely suspect is a buggy new OS14, as that is what was most recently installed. I sure hope your engineers can figure out what is wrong, and shoot out an update that corrects this, as it's just not working...

Also, I'll ask again, for about the 20th time: Is there a way we can clear the cache?

And I was contemplating doing a total reset, but sure don't want to have to re-download every app, then go through all the hundreds of channels, to select my Favorites, unless absolutely everything else has been tried. Is there some way we can save our settings, so if we do a total reset, we can just add it back, thus avoiding a tedious & time-consuming project in doing it all manually?  Every other digital device we use has a means of backing up important data, surely Roku has this functionality, no?  Especially considering how often all kinds of issues occur...

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StevenCee,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are also having an issue with your TCL Roku TV, having a black screen when watching channels and content. We would be more than willing to assist you with this.

We would like to coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team so we can gather some information to help us investigate the issue more closely.

• Could please provide us a video of the issue?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Providing this information will help us to further investigate the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.