Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffirving

Not in Canada. How do I correct this anomaly?

Jump to solution

In setting up my brand new Roku TV, I keep finding statements in various places that suggest that I live in Canada. As just one example, many movie listings state "steaming for free in Canada." Or some similar phrase. It's as though the TV has somehow made this assumption.

I set up my account clearly showing an address and zip code in the US.  Pls help me remedy this...TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not in Canada. How do I correct this anomaly?

Jump to solution

It's far too easy to create a Roku account that's associated with the wrong region through no fault of your own.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account at https://my.roku.com, but make sure you clear your browser cookies or use a private/incognito browser window or another browser or device entirely.  Then factory reset your Roku device and link it to the new account.  You'll probably want to close the faulty account especially if you want to use the same email address for the new account.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not in Canada. How do I correct this anomaly?

Jump to solution

It's far too easy to create a Roku account that's associated with the wrong region through no fault of your own.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account at https://my.roku.com, but make sure you clear your browser cookies or use a private/incognito browser window or another browser or device entirely.  Then factory reset your Roku device and link it to the new account.  You'll probably want to close the faulty account especially if you want to use the same email address for the new account.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.