Kjo12
Reel Rookie

Non- bluetooth capable roku tv

Jump to solution

I need a device that will allow me to connect bluetooth speaker to a non-bluetooth roku tv

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Non- bluetooth capable roku tv

Jump to solution

Hello! @Kjo12, @ @Yvalerioian003 

Thanks for jumping in and posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us to connect your Bluetooth device to your mobile phone. We are pleased to assist you.

Streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku streaming device requires just two simple steps: pairing your smartphone, tablet, or computer the first time and then connecting your device whenever you want to use it. The Bluetooth app on your Roku device will automatically launch once you start playing music, podcasts, or other audio.

This article outlines the steps for pairing, connecting, and streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku device. You can also learn how to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode.

You can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or computer to a compatible Roku streaming. You can also connect Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode or use the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode.

Use the following instructions to start the pairing process on your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Smartphones & tablets
  5. Select Add a new smartphone or tablet

When you see the pairing screen, go to your smartphone, tablet, or computer and use the next steps to complete the pairing process.

1. Open Bluetooth settings on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
  2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
  3. Wait a moment for your Bluetooth device to scan for devices and discover your Roku device
  4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices

After you complete the pairing process, your Roku device will appear in the list of paired devices on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. In addition, your Bluetooth device will appear under Smartphones & tablets on your Roku device.

Please check here for more detailed information on how to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's called a cellphone, have one? 🙂

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kjo12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have a cell phone, but if the tv has no bluetooth capabilities how am I to connect a bluetooth speaker?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have apple ear pods can I use them on my Roku remote if so how 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Kjo12, @ @Yvalerioian003 

Thanks for jumping in and posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us to connect your Bluetooth device to your mobile phone. We are pleased to assist you.

Streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku streaming device requires just two simple steps: pairing your smartphone, tablet, or computer the first time and then connecting your device whenever you want to use it. The Bluetooth app on your Roku device will automatically launch once you start playing music, podcasts, or other audio.

This article outlines the steps for pairing, connecting, and streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku device. You can also learn how to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode.

You can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or computer to a compatible Roku streaming. You can also connect Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode or use the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode.

Use the following instructions to start the pairing process on your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Smartphones & tablets
  5. Select Add a new smartphone or tablet

When you see the pairing screen, go to your smartphone, tablet, or computer and use the next steps to complete the pairing process.

1. Open Bluetooth settings on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
  2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
  3. Wait a moment for your Bluetooth device to scan for devices and discover your Roku device
  4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices

After you complete the pairing process, your Roku device will appear in the list of paired devices on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. In addition, your Bluetooth device will appear under Smartphones & tablets on your Roku device.

Please check here for more detailed information on how to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
trentv11182
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you looked into Bluetooth Transmitters? What are the I/O's on your TV?

https://www.parts-express.com/home-a-v/Home-Audio-Components/home-audio-amplifiers

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.