Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBJrPA
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound unless I power cycle TV

Please add me to the list. I had a 32” TCL Roku that began to do the same thing. I thought it was the set, so I purchased a Hisense 32” Roku. It began to do the same thing after a bit, and went from a reset once a week to EVERY time I turn on the set. 
There is no question it is a Roku issue, and this is reinforced by the many comments from others. No, no cables,no nothing - internal speakers. Please fix the darn thing, otherwise I will have to purchase yet another set, but NOT with the Roku platform.

0 Kudos
JBJrPA
Channel Surfer

When will you people get it through your heads that it is NOT a hardware issue. Too many brands, too many people. These stupid replies only serve to weaken our faith in the entire Roku platform.

JBJrPA
Channel Surfer

Also, do you even read the complaints? Or is it a comprehension issue? You as the posters the same stupid questions - model, serial, etc etc.  Can’t you all realize that with the large number of posts and a huge variety of sets and manufacturers, it is unquestionably a Roku issue?

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @JBJrPA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It seems like a hardware issue. If you're encountering a problem with your Roku TV manufactured by a Roku partner, contact your manufacturer. Each TV manufacturer provides direct support for their TV models.

You can reach them here: TCL Support or at 1-877-300-8837

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dreydak
Reel Rookie

So, I and all the tons of people complaining about the SAME issue across DIFFERENT hardware platforms all have bad hardware now? I don't think so.

I've had a Fire TV stock for almost six years - multiple software updates - never had an issue - this Westinghouse with Roku is barely two years old. This is utter garbage.

You've just sealed the deal-- I'm getting rid of this Roku TV device and now done with Roku forever. It's Amazon Fire or Apple TV instead- Maybe a Google device. Anything is better than dealing with this **bleep**.

Re: No sound unless Ig power cycle TV

I am having this same exact issue with my ONN Roku TV. I have to unplug and plug back in before it works and the issue has been happening every time I turn it on now. It’s very annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @maggiemmorrow,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community and for getting in touch about this issue.

Could you tell us how you've been experiencing this issue? Is this an isolated case for a specific channel or piece of content, or does it happen every time you play any content?

Also, are you using any external sound players?

Please let us know more about this so that we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBJrPA
Channel Surfer

Do a software upgrade. Should be on your settings. My set has done that for months, and then Roku did a major software upgrade, and it has been fine ever since.🤞 Best of luck to you!

John

0 Kudos
Kandirose86
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

Update since the last roku update things have been working well with tv. No no sound issues. Im really not trying to jinx it.

0 Kudos
Kandirose86
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

This tv has died after 60 days. $128 in the tube and I can’t even take it back to the store. I WILL NEVER BUY A ROKU PRODUCT AGAIN

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.