Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EP512
Binge Watcher

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

Yes this should be looked into.  I noticed that right after Roku had the last update that the choices for the bass boost were gone.  The menu originally had reduce bass, normal, bass boost or bass off, after you pressed the *.  The bass boost at that time really enhanced the bass.  Now with the control for the bass the bass is diminished.  You also don't have the bass off option which I used later at night, which was so convenient.  The serial no. of my Roku Streambar is YL00A6905937. The subwoofer's serial is Y200E4749948.  Although, I doubt if the serial #'s have anything to do with the bass options disappearing.  They should update back to the reduce bass, normal, bass boost or bass off menu.  As others have said it really is a noticeable diminishment of the overall sound since that last update.  

EP512
Binge Watcher

In my prior post I didn't put in all the info requested to look into the loss of the bass boost.  I believe the reason for the bass boost being removed was that software version.

Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial # YL00A6905937

Device ID 2A11AA905937

Software OS/version  11.0.0 build 4193-95

AngelWyngs
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku please bring back Bass Boost!!

I have a 1980s stereo connected from my TV headphone Jack and I just turn up the bass on the stereo it has that capability even from 1980 I don't know maybe new stereos don't and maybe you can't do it on a sound bar

billfuller
Binge Watcher

this isnt rocket science dan with 11 update it did away with the feature bass boost, it made the speakers pop with bass know your product dan before you comment its evident you dont have or use roku devices. its as obvious as if ford started making cars with out doors on them and people started complaining about wheres my door. easy bring back bass boost case closed.

PatBez
Channel Surfer

It's EASY- BRING BACK BASS BOOST.

done.

I've been nothing but DELIGHTED with the quality of my ALL ROKU surround sound system (and have actually been thinking about buying 2 more speakers).....but now I just feel kinda burned.

BRING BACK BASS BOOST

WillieT
Channel Surfer

I invested in a Roku premium streaming speaker bar along with its accompanying satellites and subwoofer… it appeared to have phenomenal tone and richness with the Bass Boost option engaged; truly dynamic and impactful sound… with its latest OS update, the sound has dwindled to mediocrity, otherwise, ordinary.  Had the system sounded the way it does now with the update, I would have returned it.  Bring back he sound I paid for.  Manipulating photographs is a total unacceptable, and in my opinion, an unnecessary feature to the audio dashboard.

tina21

Just got a TCL 85 inch and soundbar, speakers and bass. Over 3,000 dollars and now the sound system sounds like **bleep** without the boost. Roku I need you to fix the problem, it's like I don't have a sub woofer anymore.

Bobbo323
Channel Surfer

I have 4 Roku surrounded speakers, Roku subwoofer, and a Roku Streambar Pro. I was (and still am) really upset that my Bass Boost setting is gone. What are you thinking? Why did you feel it was necessary to do this? I want my old sound settings back

I agree.  I had Bass Boost until I foolishly reset my Roku Sound Bar because at times it would not turn on.  It doesn't sound the same now without bass boost.. I would not have purchased their sub-woofer if I would have known!!!!  Looking to buy a different sound bar now!!!

Celeste1
Channel Surfer

Please bring back bass boost,  the sound is so poor, no matter how I adjust the sound, its horrible 😢...I also have to turn it up louder