Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratface
Streaming Star

Re: No Program Info on my Roku TV

Did you not read my post above????? I don't do anything other than turn it on in the afternoon! It will be on the last channel I was watching when I turned it off!! Last night it was on 380 (Viki/Rakuten). Which is what was on when I turned it on this afternoon! 🙄😏

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@Edwardson70  Wrong... I do just that, and the guide appears.  However, tonight it's back to showing nothing but "No Information" for all but a random few stations, maybe one out of ten!  This is ridiculous, and I did the system restart, still nothing.

0 Kudos
harrisonce

Mine is still not working since last software update.

0 Kudos
Suz52
Reel Rookie

That's not working for me. Tried that among many other things and still getting no information on live channel guide 

0 Kudos
Suz52
Reel Rookie

Not working for me. Tried what you suggested and still no information on live guide 

0 Kudos
Alanfwhea
Binge Watcher

Many Apologies! My terminology yesterday was not precise enough.

Everything I was describing was for RF or Broadcast TV.  

The following rewrite might be clearer(?): New text is in Red.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Alanfwhea wrote:

Hello,

Things seemed better for a while but have deteriorated again. At this point when I first turn on the TV or return to live TV from streaming, the channel guide is all "no program information" with the exception of the info for channel being returned to. I can laboriously correct the problem by resetting the wireless network which restores program info for that channel group, i.e. 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3.4. Then I must move on to another channel group and repeat the process until the list is completely fleshed out. After completing the process everything is good unless I go to "stream" or turn the set off. Then I have to redo the whole list again. There's got to be another solution. 

Things seemed better for a while but have deteriorated again. At this point, when I first turn on the TV or return to RF or Broadcast TV from any internet streaming on my Roku TV, the RF or Broadcast TV channel guide is all "no program information" with the exception of the info for channel being returned to. I can laboriously correct the problem by resetting the wireless network which restores program info for that RF/Broadcast TV channel group, i.e. 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3.4. Then I must move on to another RF/Broadcast TV channel group and repeat the process until the list is completely fleshed out. After completing the process everything is good unless I go to internet/"stream" or turn the set off. Then, I have to redo the whole list again. There's got to be another solution.   

0 Kudos
bratface
Streaming Star

It is 4:30 pm (pacific time) & everything seems to be back (for the most part, there are a couple that still say no information). Although I was loath to say anything just in case Roku messed it up again?

0 Kudos
Alanfwhea
Binge Watcher

Hello!

Problem solved! A full Factory Reset was the answer. It took about an hour. There was one RF station group that only showed info for the "-1" channel. I filled out the others by resetting the wireless network which restores program info for that RF/Broadcast TV channel group, i.e. 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3.4. 

While it's good that the problem is fixed, none of this should be necessary if the software was really top notch and hardware wasn't snarky.

Many bad wishes to Sharp for my TV hardware!

0 Kudos
Alanfwhea
Binge Watcher

And No, I won't "accept as a solution." That would be too easy for Roku and Sharp.

0 Kudos